Explore Your Senses... In The Dark Tour
What an interesting experience we have planned for you! Your day starts with a lecture about your senses especially your sense of sight. Then, the highlight of your day, you get to enjoy a fabulous gourmet lunch.... in the dark! Well, OK, everyone is wearing blindfolds so you will not be able to see the exotic dishes that the chef will have created for you. Let all your other senses do the work. Savour the taste, feel the texture, inhale the aroma -- allow yourself to have a sublimely sensory experience!
After lunch, you will have time to browse the galleries of the museum including their interesting new exhibit called "In The Dark". And finally, on our way home, we stop for a little while at the Toronto Premium Outlets to allow you to do some shopping using your new found expertise... by not looking at the price tags. :-)
$120 + HST
To book over the phone
please call (905) 891-0111
NOTE: This tour is NOT recommended for those with multiple or severe dietary restrictions. You will have the option of skipping a dish if you are unable to consume a particular item but because of the nature of the tour, we are not able to offer substitutions. Please consult the menu below to ensure that it is suitable for you.
- Round trip transportation on deluxe highway bus.
- Admission to Waterloo Region Museum included.
- Lecture/Presentation on your senses included.
- Gourmet multi-course luncheon in the dark.... while you are blindfolded!
- Admission to all the museum galleries including the new exhibit titled "In The Dark" included.
- Free time at Toronto Premium Outlets Shopping Centre included.
- Complimentary bottled water and snacks on the bus included.
- All tips included.
We have 4 pickup locations for this tour. For more details on the pickup locations, click on the location names below:
- 8:30 AM -- Scarborough Town Centre. In front of movie theatre.
- 8:55 AM - York Mills Subway Station, Toronto. Outside 4025 Yonge St.
- 9:30 AM - Vaughan Carpool Lot, Colossus Rd., Hwy 7 & 400. Entrance from Colossus Dr.
- 10:00 AM - Mississauga McDonalds, Courtney Park Drive & Hurontario (Just north of Hwy 401)
Travelling With Children
Children 10 and older are welcome on this trip. Price is the same as adults.
Cancellations & Refunds
- 100% full refund if you cancel at least 14 days before the trip departure date.
- Sorry but no refunds if cancellation is received less then 14 days before trip departure date.
- Your seat is fully transferable to anyone else up to the time of departure without penalty.
Gourmet Luncheon Menu - Dining In The Dark!
Our menu has 10 items or "courses" as follows. You will receive one each of all the following items. All items have been specially chosen to be consumed without the use of any dining utensils so you can safely consume them while blindfolded.
- Butternut squash soup shots with a maple drizzle
- Smoked tomato soup shooters garnished with herbed goat cheese
- Pan seared scallop with a mango lime salsa, served in a Chinese spoon
- Italian lollipop: Provolone cheese marinated in sun dried tomato, with garlic aioli, wrapped in prosciutto and spinach
- Thai spring roll: Tender julienne vegetables and sprouts wrapped in rice paper with chili soya and plum dipping sauce
- Smoked salmon wrapped asparagus with stone ground mustard dip
- Cyclone shrimp: Spicy jumbo shrimp spun in a crispy shell
- Pomegranate braised beef short ribs, pulled and served in beetroot cup
- Mini chocolate mousse garnished with fresh raspberries
- Tea or Coffee
Waterloo Region Museum - In The Dark Exhibit
Be immersed in a world of darkness! Explore life that exists on our planet with little or no light.
Toronto Premium Outlets
Toronto Premium Outlets has more than 80 stores. Featured brands include Burberry, Tory Burch, Ted Baker, Kate Spade, Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein, Coach Outlet, Cole Haan Outlet, J.Crew Factory, kate spade new york, Michael Kors and Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store.
For a full store directory, please click here.