Simcoe Christmas Panorama River Of Lights Tour
& Elegant Dinner Included!
Experience Christmas as it would have been 100 years ago on this one day bus tour from the Toronto area. Tour Doon Heritage Village and get a presentation on foods from that era with food samples. Then an elegant dinner in Port Dover on the shores of Lake Erie and finish the day with a guided bus tour and gentle walk past the the thousands of Christmas lights and themed displays in Simcoe for the annual Christmas Panorama River of Lights.
$115 + HST
To book over the phone
please call (905) 891-0111
- Round trip transportation on deluxe highway bus.
- Admission to Waterloo Region Museum included.
- Admission to Doon Heritage Village included. Village is decorated for Christmas as it would have been in 1914.
- Private presentation for our group on Christmas Foods in 1914 with food samples included.
- Elegant dinner at the Erie Beach Hotel in Port Dover included. Vegetarian & gluten-free options available.
- Guided bus tour in Simcoe to view the Christmas Panorama River Of Lights.
- Free time for a gentle walk along paths and walkways in Simcoe for photo opportunity close-ups of the lights.
- Complimentary bottled water & snacks on the bus.
- All tips.
Travelling With Children
Children 10 and older are welcome on this trip. Price is the same as adults.
Cancellations & Refunds
- 100% full refund if you cancel at least 14 days before the trip departure date.
- Sorry but no refunds if cancellation is received less then 14 days before trip departure date.
- Your seat is fully transferable to anyone else up to the time of departure without penalty.
Doon Heritage Village & Waterloo Region Museum
Doon Heritage Village is a picturesque 60 acre living history village that shows visitors what life was like in Waterloo Region in the year 1914. At Christmas time, the village comes to life with knowledgeable interpreters dressed in authentic 1914 clothing and features historic buildings, farm animals and fun activities.
Presentation On Christmas Foods in 1914
After our tour of Doon Heritage Village, we will sit in on a presentation about Christmas foods in 1914. World War I has just started and the country was on a wartime footing. Learn more about what would have been served at Christmas time at the start of WW1, 100 years ago!
The presentation will discuss recipes, allow us to do some sampling, take home recipes and look at kitchen gadgetry of the time.
Elegant Dinner at Erie Beach Hotel
After our visit to the Waterloo Region Museum we will move on to Port Dover and the Erie Beach Hotel for our elegant dinner stop.
The Erie Beach Hotel and it's Cove Room Restaurant is a longtime family-run hotel and restaurant, one block from the beaches in Lake Erie. We will be dining in their Cove Room Restaurant with linen covered tables and fresh flowers.
Our dinner is plated and served to us at our table family-style. Our menu for this evening includes tomato juice, assorted Cove Room salads, relish tray, celery bread, chicken entree, potatoes, vegetables, gravy, ice cream & tea/coffee. Alternatives will be available for those with vegetarian or gluten-free diets.
Holiday Lights in Simcoe
And finally, our last stop will be Simcoe. Thousands of lights and themed displays transform Simcoe's downtown parks into a winter wonderland. Stroll the parkland at your leisure and remember to bring a camera to capture some of the stunning displays.