Algonquin Park Springtime Hikes & Moose Watching Trip
Spring is the time of the year when flora and fauna awaken out of their winter doze and what better place to see the huge variety of wildflowers, trees, animals and of course moose... than Algonquin Park. Our day trip also includes a stop at the Algonquin Park Visitor's Centre and two hikes along park trails.
This tour is NOT recommended for those with mobility issues.
Sun May 1, 2022
$99 per person
All prices are per person, in Canadian dollars. All taxes and tips are included!
To book over the phone
please call (866) 208-2950
- Round trip transportation on deluxe bus with a washroom.
- Admission to Algonquin Park included.
- Visit to Algonquin Park Visitor's Centre included.
- Moose Watching (with luck!)
- 2 Hikes, the first is rated easy and the second is rated moderate to difficult. Both hikes are optional.
- Escorted tour with ShortTrips.ca tour director available during tour.
- All taxes & tips included.
- Meals & snacks
- Any shopping
- Although we hope to see moose while we are driving through the park, moose & deer sightings are not guaranteed! We can however guarantee that you will see bugs, trees & wildflowers. :-)
- The first hike is a 1.2 km loop, rated easy on flat level ground and most of it is on a wooden boardwalk and suitable for everyone. Fast hikers will be able to do the hike twice in about 40 mins. Those hiking at a leisurely pace will be able to do it once.
- The second hike is a 2.2 km loop, uphill one way. It is rated as moderate to difficult with rough terrain, exposed tree roots and rocks. The climb is steep in some sections but you are rewarded with a spectacular vista when you reach the summit.
- Both hikes are optional. If you decide to skip the second hike, you will be taken back to the visitor's centre where you can enjoy the beautiful deck, the museum, a cafe, a short film about Algonquin Park, the bookstore & giftshop, bathrooms and wifi. Please note some facilities may be closed to due to COVID related restrictions. The status of the amenities will be confirmed to all passengers shortly before the tour date.
- We will be stopping at highway rest areas on our way to the park and again on our way back from the park. Bathrooms and various fast food outlets are available at both rest areas.
- You have a number of options for lunch. You can purchase something from the cafe at the Visitors' Centre (if it's open in 2022). This is a small cafe which serves items such as sandwiches, soups, salads, burgers and fries etc. Alternatively you can pick up something for lunch at our morning stop and take it with you or bring a packed lunch with you.
Deposits, Payments, Cancellations & Refunds
- 100% full refund if you cancel at least 7 days before the trip departure date.
- Sorry but no refunds if cancellation is received less then 7 days before trip departure date.
- Your can transfer your seat to anyone else you know, up to the time of departure. without penalty.
Approximate Return Times
- Newmarket 6:50 PM
- Vaughan 7:25 PM
- Mississauga 7:55 PM
Travelling With Children
- Children 12+ are welcome on this, same price as adults.
During spring take in the beauty and subtle hues of Algonquin's spring colours. Enjoy the pastel green of Trembling Aspen leaves, the pink wash of distant Red Maples, the white of cherry blossoms, and the silvery puffs of the Largetooth Aspen.
Moose in Algonquin Park
Spring offers the year's best Moose viewing.
The application of road salt to Highway 60 during winter road maintenance operations, attracts Moose to roadside ditches. Moose with salt deficient winter diets, capitalize upon this unnatural source of salt and chances are you'll see a few or even more of these magnificent animals during our leisurely drive along Highway 60.
Algonquin Park Visitor Centre
Opened in 1993 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Algonquin Provincial Park and the entire Ontario provincial park system, the Algonquin Park Visitor Centre has exhibits on the Park's natural and human history, a cafe, an excellent bookstore & gift shop, a movie theatre that shows a film about the story of the park on a continuous loop, washrooms and of course the impressive viewing deck.