Ontario's Best Butter Tart Festival + Georgian Bay Cruise • Route 2
IMPORTANT! Please review our COVID-19 Safe Travel Procedures requirements. Click here.
In the festival's first year in 2013, they sold out of 10,000 butter tarts. Last year they had over 65,000 visitors and sold between 150,000-200,000 butter tarts. My word, that's a lot of sugar isn't it? If you are watching your calories or your sugar intake, we're sorry to tell you that this trip will help you not one little bit. :-)
The festival includes a contest to award the prize for the BEST Butter Tart in Ontario. With over 200 vendors and food trucks, you can find just about any type of butter tart including plain, raisin, pecan, walnut, skor, maple, bacon, coconut, chocolate covered, PB&J, s’mores, gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, cheesecake, pumpkin...and phew, you get the idea.
After you have had your fill of butter tarts, we will meet at the waterfront dock and board the Georgian Spirit ship for a gentle 90 minute cruise on Georgian Bay. And then we will return to Toronto, stopping for a short break at a highway travel plaza along the way.
Sat Jun 10, 2023
8:30 AM Mississauga
9:05 AM Islington Station
9:45 AM Vaughan
10:45 AM Newmarket Carpool
Another bus (Route 1) will be doing pickups in Scarborough & York Mills Station. If you would prefer to book on that bus, please click here.
$149 per person
All prices are per person, in Canadian dollars. All taxes and tips are included!
To book over the phone
please call (866) 208-2950
- Round trip transportation on deluxe bus with a washroom.
- 90 minute narrated boat cruise on Georgian Bay.
- Visit to the Best Butter Tart Festival in Midland, Ontario.
- Escorted tour with ShortTrips.ca tour director available during tour.
- All tips & taxes included.
Approximate Return Times
- Vaughan 7:30 PM
- Islington Station 8:05 PM
- Mississauga 8:40 PM
Deposits, Payments, Cancellations & Refunds
- 100% full refund if you cancel at least 7 days before the trip departure date.
- Sorry but no refunds if cancellation is received less then 7 days before trip departure date.
- Your can transfer your seat to anyone else you know, up to the time of departure without penalty.
Travelling With Children
- Children 10+ are welcome on this tour. Price is the same as adults.
What is a butter tart?
Wikipedia says a butter tart is a type of small pastry tart, considered one of Canada's quintessential treats. It consists of a filling of butter, sugar, syrup, and egg, baked in a pastry shell until the filling is semi-solid with a crunchy top.
And according to the Canadian Encyclopedia, butter tarts are a result of the filles du roi, or the King's Daughters, who were young French women sent to Quebec in the 17th century. They brought with them this unique confection which became known as "border tarts."