Ontario's Best Butter Tart Festival + Georgian Bay Cruise
IMPORTANT! Please review our COVID-19 Safe Travel Procedures requirements. Click here.
Our day trip starts with a gentle narrated 90 minute boat cruise on Georgian Bay. The boat will sail past Giant’s Tomb, Beausoleil Island and other landmarks through the 30,000 islands region while narration is provided by the Captain. The cruise ends at the dock in Midland where you are deposited immediately into the Butter Tart Festival and all things butter-tartish so to speak.
In the festival's first year in 2013, they sold out of 10,000 butter tarts. The last time this festival was held in 2019, they had over 65,000 visitors and sold between 150,000-200,000 butter tarts. My word, that's a lot of sugar isn't it? If you are watching your calories or your sugar intake, we're sorry to tell you that this trip will help you not one little bit. :-)
The festival includes a contest to award the prize for the BEST Butter Tart in Ontario. With over 200 vendors and food trucks, you can find just about any type of butter tart including plain, raisin, pecan, walnut, skor, maple, bacon, coconut, chocolate covered, PB&J, s’mores, gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, cheesecake, pumpkin...and phew, you get the idea.
Sat Jun 11, 2022
9:15 AM Mississauga
9:45 AM Vaughan
10:20 AM Newmarket
A second bus will be doing pickups in Scarborough & York Mills Station. If you would prefer to book on that bus, please click here.
$139 per person
All prices are per person, in Canadian dollars. All taxes and tips are included!
To book over the phone
please call (866) 208-2950
- Round trip transportation on deluxe bus with a washroom.
- 90 minute narrated boat cruise on Georgian Bay.
- Visit to the Best Butter Tart Festival in Midland, Ontario.
- Escorted tour with ShortTrips.ca tour director available during tour.
- All tips & taxes included.
Approximate Return Times
- Newmarket 6:00 PM
- Vaughan 6:30 PM
- Mississauga 7:00 PM
Deposits, Payments, Cancellations & Refunds
- 100% full refund if you cancel at least 7 days before the trip departure date.
- Sorry but no refunds if cancellation is received less then 7 days before trip departure date.
- Your can transfer your seat to anyone else you know, up to the time of departure without penalty.
Travelling With Children
- Children 12+ are welcome on this tour. Price is the same as adults. Please note the late return time!
What is a butter tart?
Wikipedia says a butter tart is a type of small pastry tart, considered one of Canada's quintessential treats. It consists of a filling of butter, sugar, syrup, and egg, baked in a pastry shell until the filling is semi-solid with a crunchy top.
And according to the Canadian Encyclopedia, butter tarts are a result of the filles du roi, or the King's Daughters, who were young French women sent to Quebec in the 17th century. They brought with them this unique confection which became known as "border tarts."