Grand River Lunch Cruise + Whistling Gardens Tour
What a wonderful way to start off summer with a day trip to experience the bucolic beauty of southern Ontario! Start your trip with 45 minute performance by the "Blazing Fiddles" as you toe-tap along to some rousing fiddle music. This is then followed by a private cruise on the serene and tranquil Grand River. Enjoy a delicious on-board lunch along with the picturesque scenery and wonderful narration to tell you about the history of the area.
After the cruise, we visit Whistling Gardens. Nature lovers can explore 20+ acres of privately owned botanical gardens featuring the world’s largest public conifer collection offering over 2,500 rare and unusual varieties. Whistling Gardens is also home to North America’s largest public peony collection with over 1,000+ varieties on display. And don't miss their musical fountain show at the open-air amphitheatre complete with a backdrop of nearly 90 fountains!
Sat June 20, 2020
$149 per person
All prices are per person, in Canadian dollars. All taxes and tips are included!
To book over the phone
please call (866) 208-2950
- Round trip transportation on deluxe bus with washroom & WiFi.
- 2 hour private lunch cruise on the Grand River aboard our own private boat included.
- "Blazing Fiddles" show included.
- 3-course lunch included as part of the tour. See details of the menu below.
- Admission and self-guided tour at Whistling Gardens included.
- Complimentary bottled water and snacks on bus included.
- Escorted tour with ShortTrips.ca tour director available for duration of trip.
- All tips & taxes included.
Approximate Return Times
- Appleby Line 6:15 PM
- Mississauga 6:50 PM
- York Mills 7:25 PM
- Vaughan 7:55 PM
Deposits, Payments, Cancellations & Refunds
- 100% full refund if you cancel at least 14 days before the trip departure date.
- Sorry but no refunds if cancellation is received less then 14 days before trip departure date.
- Your seat is fully transferable to anyone else up to the time of departure without penalty.
Travelling With Children
- Children 10+ are welcome on this tour. Price is the same as adults.
Grand River Cruises
You will be welcomed on board with coffee and fresh baked muffins to start, followed by a 3 course lunch which includes home baked bread, a tossed salad, your choice of entree, mashed potatoes, vegetables and dessert. Tea, coffee or soft drink of your choice is also included.
Your choices of entree are (1) Roast beef (2) Gluten-free roast beef (3) Chicken or (4) Vegetarian pasta.
You will be able to specify your entree selection at the time of booking, either online or to the agent on the phone.
Grand River Cruises sails three boats all season. The Grand River Belle, Grand River Queen and Grand River Princess all have the same general layout. Each can comfortably hold a busload of passengers with each table arranged along a window in order to give all passengers a great view. The promenade deck, that surrounds the dining area, allows everyone to stroll the deck or sit and enjoy the river scenery. All boats have accessible washrooms and each boat is completely enclosed enabling us to sail rain or shine.
After our lunch cruise, we will visit Whistling Gardens, home to North America's largest public peony collection with over 1,200+ varieties!
You will also have a chance to enjoy the stone open-air amphitheatre complete with a backdrop of nearly 90 fountains.
The water theatre was inspired by Andre Le Notre's 1634 design at the Palace of Versailles. Owner Darren Heimbecker, composes the music and choreographs the fountains shows.