Manitoulin Island, Tobermory, Flowerpot Island, Wikwemikong Unceded Territory & Sauble Falls 4-Day Tour
July 5-8, 2023
Only $99 deposit to reserve your seat. Deposit fully refundable if you cancel for any reason by June 2, 2023.
All prices are per person, in Canadian dollars. All taxes and tips are included!
For explanation of the words Double, Triple, Quad & Single click here
8:00 AM Mississauga Carpool Lot
8:20 AM Mississauga McDonalds
8:50 AM York Mills Station
9:25 AM Vaughan Carpool Lot
10:50 AM Innisfil Carpool Lot
To book over the phone
please call (866) 208-2950
- Round trip transportation on deluxe bus with a washroom.
- 2 nights accommodation at the Manitoulin Hotel & Conference Centre.
- 1 night accommodation at the Inn On The Bay, Owen Sound.
- 3 hot breakfasts, welcome dinner on first night, and two boxed lunches.
- Glass bottom boat cruise in Tobermory to explore the shipwrecks and get an excellent view of the Big Tub Lighthouse before arriving at Flowerpot Island included.
- Permit fee for Flowerpot Island included. Free time to explore and hike the trails on the island and get close up pics of the Flowerpot pillars or lighthouse.
- Guided bus & walking tour of Manitoulin Island with a local tour guide.
- Cultural tour & experience at the Wiikwemikong First Nation unceded territory with local tour guide including visit to residential school.
- Admission to Sauble Falls Provincial Park included.
- Visit to French River Trading Post included.
- Visit to Bridal Veil Falls & Kagawong Village. Hike the trail to Kagawong Village from Bridal Veil Falls (optional).
- Escorted tour with ShortTrips.ca tour director available during the tour.
- All tips & taxes.
The following are NOT included in the tour price:
- Lunches on Day 1 and Day 4 during the drive to and from Manitoulin Island. We stop along the way at convenient rest areas that offer food options.
- Evening dinners on days 2, 3 & 4. There is a restaurant in the hotel and there are options within walking distance from both hotels.
- Any personal expenses and shopping.
Approximate Return Times
- Innisfil 7:15 PM
- Vaughan 8:55 PM
- York Mills 9:25 PM
- Mississauga 9:55 PM
Deposits, Payments, Cancellations & Refunds
- $99 deposit required to reserve your seat. Deposit is fully refundable if cancelled by June 2, 2023. Remaining balance in full is due on June 2, 2023 and will be charged automatically if booking is not cancelled. No refunds after June 2, 2023.
- If the tour has to be cancelled due to travel restrictions or government shutdowns, a full & prompt refund will be done regardless of how many days are left before departure.
- You can transfer your seat to anyone else you know up to the time of departure without penalty.
Travelling with Children
- Children & Youth 10+ are welcome on this tour, same price as adults.
Manitoulin Hotel & Conference Centre
The first hotel to be built on Manitoulin Island in a century! Natural materials like stone and timber used in the hotel’s construction came from the island. Amenities at the hotel include Wifi, sun deck, garden, outdoor pool, fitness centre, bar, restaurant. Near the hotel are various restaurants and the Manitoulin Brewery. Our stay at the hotel includes private breakfasts on both mornings.
The island's most beautiful and scenic waterfall, adored by visitors and locals alike, the Bridal Veil Falls are near the town of Kagawong. You can admire the beauty of the waterfalls from the top of the falls, or walk down to the base where many visitors enjoy a refreshing dip in the water!
While in Kagawong you will also have the opportunity to explore the village's cute little lighthouse, the waterfront with a beach & marina or visit Manitoulin Chocolate Works, makers of delicious handcrafted chocolates.
Wikwemikong Unceded Territory
The Unceded Journey is a transformational tour where you will experience the true history of Manitoulin Island and learn how Wiikwemikong came to be Canada’s only officially recognized Unceded Territory. This unique learning experience reveals the truth from the first Residential School on the Great Lakes and Northern Ontario’s oldest catholic church. Includes stops at historic sites including 1836 Treaty historic site, Holy Cross Mission Ruins (Catholic Church and residential school site), and Smith Bay trading site.
Tobermory, Fathom Five National Marine Park
The clear blue waters around Tobermory hold deep secrets of the ships that sailed through unforgiving darkness and too close to shore and were claimed by the lake. Today 22 of these barges, steamers and schooners lie shipwrecked off the coast of Tobermory in this underwater graveyard known as the Fathom Five National Marine Park.
We will be taking a narrated boat trip on a boat with a flat glass bottom so you can see what lies underneath as we are transported from Tobermory to Flower Pot Island and then back from the island to Tobermory.
Accessible only by boat, just 6.5 kilometers off the coast of Tobermory lies Flowerpot Island, one of Canada’s most fascinating natural attractions. A trip to Flowerpot Island is one of the best experiences in Fathom Five National Marine Park! The island is famous for its natural "flowerpot" rock pillars, caves, historic light station and rare plants.
Sauble Falls Provincial Park & Waterfalls
Sauble Falls in Sauble Falls Provincial Park is a low, wide waterfall. Despite its low height this is a very popular waterfall and can be admired from the walkway built above the falls. Sauble Falls Provincial Park also has nice hiking trails that travel primarily through a Red Pine plantation and an area of ancient sand dunes.
Manitoulin Dark Sky
Manitoulin Island has been designated an official "dark sky" preserve by the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada. Take advantage of this; if the skies are clear at night, you will be awed by what you see!