Pinery Provincial Park Fall Hiking Trip on shores of Lake Huron
IMPORTANT! Please review our COVID-19 Safe Travel Procedures requirements. Click here.
THIS TRIP IS CANCELLED DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER AND RISK OF THUNDERSTORMS!
When it comes to fall, Ontario’s southwest can be overlooked. While crowds of people flock to Algonquin Provincial Park there are many places elsewhere in the province that showcase the beauty of Ontario’s changing colours and Pinery Provincial Park is one of them.
We have a great day planned for you. Start with some time to enjoy your lunch at the picnic pavilion and then board the bus for an escorted 2-hour journey around the park with stops at interesting places to see and everyone gets an chance to have a leisurely walk on the Riverside Trail. This trail is rated as easy. Stop at the seating areas and platforms to view wildlife or simply enjoy a rest.
After the guided bus tour, for those who are interested in a more advanced hike, you get an opportunity to hike the Nipissing Trail. This challenging loop trail winds through mature Oak Savanna covered dune ridges and leads you to the top of Pinery’s oldest and largest dune ridge, affording a view of most of the park and Lake Huron. Note that there are hills and stairs to climb during this hike and this trail is rated as moderate to difficult.
For those who prefer to relax, you will ride the bus to the park office where you can sit and relax at the picnic or pavilion or take a walk down to the shoreline and enjoy walking along the beach.
Thu Oct 21, 2021
$149 per person
All prices are per person, in Canadian dollars. All taxes and tips are included!
To book over the phone,
please call (866) 208-2950
- Round trip transportation on deluxe bus with washroom.
- Admission to Pinery Provincial Park.
- 2-hour guided bus/walking tour around the park with a Pinery Provincial Park field naturalist.
- Hiking on two trails, one easy and one difficult, both optional.
- Escorted tour with ShortTrips.ca tour director available during the tour.
- All tips & taxes.
- Meals are NOT included.
Approximate Return Times
- Mississauga 7:35 PM
- York Mills 8:05 PM
Deposits, Payments, Cancellations & Refunds
- 100% full refund if you cancel at least 7 days before the trip departure date.
- Sorry but no refunds if cancellation is received less then 7 days before trip departure date.
- Your can transfer your seat to anyone else you know, up to the time of departure. without penalty.
Travelling with Children
- Children 12 & older are welcome on this tour. Price is the same as that for adults.