Algonquin Park Fall Colours Hiking Tour
Hike in the breathtaking scenery of Algonquin Park during the fall season as many of the trees such as maples, aspens and red oaks all change colour. Our day trip includes a visit to the Algonquin Park Visitors Centre and two optional hikes, one is rated easy and the other one is rated moderate to difficult.
Please note this is a long day, between 12-13 hours in total depending on your pickup location. This tour is NOT recommended for those with mobility issues. Comfortable walking or hiking shoes are strongly recommended. You are also welcome to bring your own walking or hiking poles to assist you on the advanced hike.
Fri Sep 29, 2023
$129 per person
All prices are per person, in Canadian dollars. All taxes and tips are included!
To book over the phone,
please call (866) 208-2950
- Round trip transportation on deluxe bus with washroom and WiFi.
- Admission to Algonquin Park.
- Visit to Algonquin Park Visitor's Centre.
- 2 Hikes, both optional. More details below.
- Escorted tour with ShortTrips.ca tour director available during the tour.
- All tips & taxes included.
Approximate Return Times
- York Mills Station 8:10 PM
- Scarborough 8:30 PM
- The first hike is at the Algonquin Logging Museum and is a 1.3 km loop trail rated as flat and easy. It has exhibits that summarize the logging history of the Algonquin area. Along the trail you will pass a recreated camboose camp and a fascinating steam-powered amphibious tug called an "alligator" among the many exhibits on display.
- The second hike is the Lookout Trail, a 2.9 km loop, uphill one way. It is rated as moderate-to-difficult with rough terrain, exposed tree roots and rocks. The climb is steep in some sections but you are rewarded with a spectacular vista when you reach the summit.
- Both hikes are optional. If you decide to skip the second hike, you will be taken back to the visitor's centre where you can continue to enjoy the beautiful deck, the bookstore & giftshop, restrooms and WiFi.
- Depending on trail conditions and with advice from Algonquin Park staff, the hike trails may be changed upon arrival at the park.
- Food is not available at Algonquin Park. We stop at rest areas on the way to and from the park. You are welcome to bring a packed lunch and beverages or purchase something to eat at our stops along the way. Various fast food outlets will be available at our stops. Meals are not included in the tour price.
Deposits, Payments, Cancellations & Refunds
- 100% full refund if you cancel at least 7 days before the trip departure date.
- Sorry but no refunds if cancellation is received less then 7 days before trip departure date.
- Your can transfer your seat to anyone else you know, up to the time of departure. without penalty.
Travelling with Children
- Children 10 & older are welcome on this tour. Price is the same as that for adults.