AQS QuiltWeek Show + Fiber Arts & Crafts Tour
Aug 22-24, 2024
Only $99 deposit to reserve your seat. Deposit fully refundable if you cancel for any reason by July 12, 2023.
All prices are per person, in Canadian dollars. All taxes and tips are included!
For explanation of the words Double, Triple, Quad & Single click here
7:30 AM Vaughan Carpool Lot
8:15 AM York Mills Station
8:50 AM Mississauga Carpool
9:05 AM Mississauga McDonalds
10:45 AM Kitchener Carpool Lot
11:45 AM London Flying J
To book over the phone
please call (866) 208-2950
- Round trip transportation from Toronto to Grand Rapids on deluxe highway bus with a washroom and WiFi.
- Two nights hotel accommodations at the deluxe Amway Grand Plaza, a Curio Collection Hotel by Hilton.
- Two buffet breakfasts and 1 delightful lunch at Marcanda Tea Room included in tour.
- Complimentary WiFi at hotel included.
- Admission to the AQS Show included.
- Shopping opportunities at Jo-Ann Fabrics, Hobby Lobby and a bargain craft store included.
- Stop at Duty Free shop on return to Canada.
- Escorted tour with ShortTrips.ca tour director available during the tour.
- All tips and taxes included.
Approx Return Times
- London 7:00 PM
- Kitchener 8:50 PM
- Mississauga Carpool 9:40 PM
- Mississauga McDonalds 9:55 PM
- York Mills 10:25 PM
- Vaughan 10:55 PM
Deposits, Payments, Cancellations & Refunds
- $99 deposit required to reserve your seats. Deposit is fully refundable if you cancel for any reason by Fri July 12, 2024.
- Full payment is due by July 12, 2024. Reminder emails will be sent a few days before the due date for the final payment. Sorry, final payments are not refundable once paid.
- If the tour has to be cancelled due to travel restrictions or government shutdowns, a full & prompt refund will be done regardless of how many days are left before departure.
- You can transfer your seat to anyone else you know up to the time of departure without penalty, there is no cost for name changes.
Travelling With Children
- Children 10+ are welcome on this tour, same price as adults.
- US Immigration requires that all travellers MUST have a passport (or Nexus or EDL cards). If you do not have a Canadian or USA passport, please make sure that you have the appropriate permissions or documentation to travel to the USA.
- If you are denied entry to the US, sadly we will have to leave you at the border.
- Sorry but no refunds if you are denied entry.
- Emergency medical and trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended. Getting ill in the USA can be very expensive.
- If you are not covered by a workplace or some other blanket travel/medical insurance policy, please consider purchasing emergency medical insurance online from CAA or TD Insurance or RBC Insurance or Manulife.
AQS Quilt Show
The show features workshops and lectures with top quilting instructors, and a huge Merchant Mall with vendors offering the latest machines, fabrics, and other tools.
AQS QuiltWeek shows make an indelible mark on the fiber art community by offering the largest cash prizes for quilters in the country – $462,500 total awards in 2019, thanks to their generous sponsors!
In addition to displaying the contest quilts at each event, attendees can enjoy a variety of special quilt exhibits from around the world.
Other Stores On This Tour
Amway Grand Plaza, a Curio Collection Hotel by Hilton
Marcanda Tea Room
What better way to get the tour off to a nice start than a relaxing lunch before we even cross the border.
Hidden away in a secluded corner of Ontario, on our way to Sarnia for the border crossing into Michigan is the Marcanda Tea Room & Gift Boutique. Marilyn the owner has been catering to guests with her home made meals for a long time and we have arranged for a private lunch at her establishment.
After lunch you will also have plenty of time to admire her vast selection of unusual gifts and let's see if you can resist purchasing something. We warn you, resistance will be futile. LOL.