Temperance & Temptation: Headwaters Region Tour
Can you resist the Temptation? Spend two days experiencing the scandalous history of bootlegging in the Headwaters region northwest of Toronto. Experience the secret stories of Ontario’s silent still. Take a guided journey back in time when the dry days of abstinence led to illicit thirsty nights ﬁlled with toe-tapping music, tasty food, hotsy-totsy dancing and plenty of giggle water.
This exclusive, intimate and immersive VIP tour is filled with one-of-a kind experiences, performances, music and history. The incredible stories will be brought to life through re-enactments and song. You’ll stay at the fabulous Hockley Valley Resort while enjoying decadent cuisine, award winning wines, specialty brews and top shelf cocktails. It truly is the “cat’s pajamas.”!
Nov 10-11, 2018
You may get a chance to meet...
Mag Ruffman, a woman of temperance
Mag Ruffman, an inspector from the City of Toronto
Mag Ruffman, the master bootlegger
The Bootlegger Band will make appearances throughout the day to regale you with songs from the past and originals that tell the stories of the tour.
For more information about a pickup location, please click on it's name in the list below.
Approximate return times on Sunday:
Nov 10-11, 2018
Prices are per person, in Canadian dollars. Tips are included!
We do not charge single supplements or surcharges! Are you travelling by yourself and wish to share your room with one other person? We guarantee to find you a roommate of the same gender or we pay the surcharge!
Travelling With Children
- Sorry but this tour is restricted to adults 19+
- We do not charge single supplements or surcharges if you are willing to share your room with one other person. Are you travelling by yourself? We guarantee to find you a roommate of the same gender or we pay the surcharge!
- If you prefer to have a private room by yourself, that is not a problem, please select the Single Occupancy option and pay the single supplement.
Cancellations & Refunds
- All payments are final and non-refundable.
- Your seat is fully transferable to anyone else at any time without penalty.